There are various factors that affect the amount of belly fat there is in your body. Sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, genetic built up, and all these can affect your health and general well being to a large extent. As a matter of fact, everybody has belly fat, even those with a flat belly. But the amount gradually increases with the unhealthy habits you accumulate as life progresses. Belly fat comes across as the hardest to lose, nonetheless, there are definitely ways by which you can achieve to do so. First and foremost is your diet pattern, which if followed in a healthy pattern can definitely lead you to lose that stubborn belly fat, including consumption of apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning . Another way to lose belly fat is through yoga, a sure shot method is Yoga to reduce belly fat. According to yoga gurus, if you practice yoga for half an hour every day, you can steer clear of belly fat as well as other fatty accumulations on your body and thus lead a healthy life all your life. If you look at people who practice yoga religiously, you will actually find that they actually don′t look their age and remain much slimmer and fitter than most of us who don′t. So keeping in view the discussion under progress, in this article, we bring to you a few powerful asanas of yoga to reduce belly fat.
1. Downward Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana) Let us look at the first asana of yoga to reduce belly fat. To do this pose, lie on your stomach on the floor or yoga mat. Now slowly lift your body on all four limbs and bring your hands and feet close to each other to acquire the Mountain-like structure. Now you have to hold the pose for some time. When you are performing this pose, you can actually feel your belly area undergoing compression which in real aids weight loss. Doing this pose helps increase bone density and helps you get rid of fatigue. This pose also stretches the body and helps you get rid of stiffness and pain, along with increasing the blood circulation in the body.
2. Hand-under-foot Pose (Padahastasana) This is the next asana of yoga to reduce belly fat. Start this by inhaling a deep breath in. Now slowly bend your body forward and put your hands under your respective foot. Your nose should touch the knees and hold the pose for a while. Even if you can′t do the pose properly, stay at it as you will get it after a few times of practising. This asana exerts immense pressure on your belly fat thereby reducing it.
3. Chair Pose (Utkatasana) This is the next asana of yoga to reduce belly fat. Stand on the floor or mat, whatever suits you. Bend both your knees simultaneously. Place your hands in front or up with palms facing each other. This is a powerful asana that works up your arm and leg muscles along with stimulating your heart.
4. Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) The next in line asana of yoga to reduce belly fat is Surya Namaskar. Surya Namaskar contributes much more than just weight loss and paves way to your overall well being. There are in all twelve steps in Surya Namaskar as shown in our pictorial representation of the asana.
5. Seated-forward-bend Pose (Paschimottanasana) Now let us look at another pose of yoga to reduce belly fat, which is Paschimottanasana. In this, you have to sit on the floor and stretch your legs to the front. Now, hold both of your toes with either your hand and try touching your knees with your nose. Performing this asana, you will feel intense pressure on your belly area which leads you to reduce your belly fat.
6. Gas-releasing Pose (Pawanmuktasana) Another very effective pose of yoga to reduce belly fat is Pawanmuktasana. This asana is done by folding one of your legs at the knees, locking arms over knees, bringing it to your chest and trying to touch your nose to the knees. Now repeat this with the other leg as well. This yoga asana like all other asanas we have discussed till now, exerts pressure on your belly area leading you to reduce belly fat from the area.
7. Boat Pose (Naukasana) In this subsection, we bring to you yet another pose of yoga to reduce belly fat namely Naukasana. To practice this asana, lie on the ground or on the yoga mat. Raise your hand and legs in the same direction. Hold the pose for a while before releasing it. This yoga asana is very helpful in reducing belly fat.
8. Warrior Pose I (Virabhadrasana I) Another asana of yoga to reduce belly fat is Virabhadrasana I. To practice this pose, stand on the ground. Place one leg in front and bend at the knees. Now join your palms. Stretch your hands upwards and look up. Hold the pose for a while. Now, repeat this with the other leg. When you start feeling the stretch in your belly area, know that you are on your way to reducing belly fat through yoga.
9. Warrior Pose II (Virabhadrasana II) Here is the ninth asana of yoga to reduce belly fat is quite similar to Virabhadrasana I. In this, the lower body stretch is done in the same way as in Warrior Pose 1. In this, the hands are stretched to the front and back in the same alignment. Once you have done this, you have to hold the pose for a while and then repeat it by switching legs.
10. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) Here, let us look at the next pose of yoga to reduce belly fat. To practice this pose, lie down on your stomach. Arc your hands backwards and hold the feet. Now, try pulling yourself backwards. Doing this, you will feel your arms, stomach and legs stretching. This yoga asana tremendously helps in reducing belly and abdominal fat.
11. Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasana) Now comes another asana of yoga to reduce belly fat. To practise this, lie down on the floor or on a mat. Keep your hands by your side in a way that your palm touches the ground. Now, slowly raise your lower body upwards. Now hold the pose for a while before you let go. In this asana, you will feel the stretch in your torso region, aids reduction in belly fat.
12. Camel Pose (Ustrasana) Here is another one for reducing that stubborn belly fat. For practising this pose, stand on your knees and bend backwards. Now hold your right heel with your right hand. Now repeat the same with the other hand as well. With support from both your heels, stretch your stomach and abdomen. This is how your do this asana.
13. Legs-raised Pose (Uttanpadasana) This yoga asana is really effective in toning up your thighs. Practising this asana also helps cure any stomach problems you may be suffering with. For this pose, lie on the floor. Join both your legs and raise them slowly. Now, hold this pose.
14. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) This yoga asana also helps in reducing belly fat. For this pose, lie on the floor on your stomach. Place your hands beside your shoulder. Now, push yourself up and look towards the sky. When you feel a stretch in your belly area, know that the belly fat is being worked on and is on the way towards reduction. This pose also increases the flow of blood in your body.
15. Cobbler′s Pose (Baddha konasana) This yoga asana is known as Cobbler′s Pose as you would find most cobblers working in this position. Does this mean that most cobblers in this world are fortunate enough to possess flat bellies? may be yes! This pose helps in opening up of hips and groins. This pose improves flexibility of your body and strengthens your knees, thighs and groin along with reducing belly fat. To practise this pose, sit on the floor. Now join the soles of your feet. Hold your feet with your hands.Hold the pose for a while before letting it go.
These were 15 powerful yoga asanas that help you reduce belly fat. If you combine superfoods to lose weight naturally to your yoga regime, you will end up acquiring your ideal weight within no time.
4 Foolproof Tips to Make Healthy Veggie Chips at Home
The tangy taste of Banaras
How mood and eating behaviour are connected
This One Exercise Helps You Become a Better Runner
Expert reveals the snacks you should eat, according to your body type
8 Fruits that Burn Fat: Include Them In Your Diet For Great Health Benefits
8 Practical Tips to Lose Weight Without Dieting
Making handloom accessible
★10 Surprising Things That Can Cause You to Lose Muscle
★6 Best Oils for a Naturally Clear and Glowing Skin
★Best foods for healthy skin
★10 Healthy Twists on Classic Diner Dishes
★Working It Out: The future of work and digital
★Brain health food guide for older adults
★Does ginger gene offer key to younger looking skin?
★Ways to Use Honey for a Glowing Skin
★Weight-lifting and protein shakes rich in growth hormones may make you bald
★Could laser hair removal give you CANCER?
★Can Eating Bananas Help You Lose Weight?
★The best effective and natural plants for a good memory
★Pasta eaters may have better diet quality: study
★Ideal exercises to keep your heart healthy
★Whole-body vibration may be as effective as regular exercise
★8 Practical Tips to Lose Weight Without Dieting
★Cancer risk of breast implants 10 times higher than first feared
★Top Natural Body Care Tips for Women
★Popular weight loss strategies
★Eat more fruit and veg for a longer life
★Carbohydrates and sugars
★The best skin care quickies men with oily skin can get
★The Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
★Skin tone linked to fruit and vegetable consumption
★8 Best Foods to Eat for Weight Loss
★Top 3 Core Exercises While Pregnant
★Just ten minutes of play a day can help children reduce their risk of developing heart disease and diabetes later in life
★Teenagers use social media posts to appear attractive to friends
★10 Natural beauty tips for face you must try
★Learn How To Do Pearl Facial At Home To Get Naturally Glowing Skin Instantly
★Combat the Cold with Fresh Oregano Tea
★What dangers are hidden in your pillow?
★5 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Increase Height
★11 Realistic Methods of Stress Management
★Eating cheese does not raise cholesterol, study finds
★9 Food Habits To Keep Eating To Lose Weight
★A platter full of seafood
★Top Fitness Stars Share Their Most Common Workout Habits
★Study reveals alarming dangers of anti-ageing jabs
★Losing Weight in Hot Weather Made Easy
★5 Reasons Cheese is Actually Good For Your Health
★The amazing and healthy benefits of meditation!
★Dairy and vitamin D supplements protect against bone loss
★Do you want to be paid for sleeping well at night?
★This is how many calories your tea and coffee habit is adding to your diet EVERY DAY
★How to Set Weight-Loss Goals You Can Actually Achieve
★The Key to Healthy Aging
★10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster)
★Natural Ways to Remove Blackheads on Face and Nose
★Using Kalonji Seeds for Weight Loss