Try these 7 probiotic foods for gut health.
The trillions of tiny creatures living in our bodies have been making headlines lately?and for good reasons. These good bacteria?particularly those in our gut?may improve digestion, boost immunity and?according to some preliminary studies′they may even help us get leaner. Research is still emerging on just how important these mighty microbes might be for our health, but the early results are promising. There′s plenty you can do now to encourage their growth. Eating foods packed with probiotics?good bacteria that live in your gut?is one way to boost up your gut health. Add these seven fermented foods to your diet for a healthy dose of probiotics.
1. Tempeh Tempeh is made from naturally fermented soybeans. With a slightly nutty flavor, it′s a good source of probiotics?and, because it contains all the essential amino acids, it′s a complete source of vegetarian protein.
2. Miso A fermented paste made from barley, rice or soybeans, miso adds a nice umami flavor to dishes. It′s bold, so a little goes a long way (which is good because it′s also high in sodium).
3. Sauerkraut Made from just cabbage and salt, this fermented food delivers a healthy dose of probiotics and fiber.
4. Yogurt Yogurt labeled with the "Live & Active Cultures" seal guarantees 100 million probiotic cultures per gram (about 17 billion cultures in a 6-ounce cup) at manufacturing time. Even yogurts without this seal will contain some probiotics.
5. Kefir A fermented milk drink?it tastes a bit like drinkable yogurt?kefir is full of calcium and probiotics.
6. Kombucha Kombucha is a tangy, effervescent tea′typically black or green. The drink is often flavored with herbs or fruit. You can find it in natural foods stores, some farmers? markets and many mainstream grocery stores. A tiny amount of alcohol is sometimes produced during fermentation?usually less than 0.5 percent alcohol by volume. However, some kombuchas have been found to contain up to 2 or 3 percent alcohol.
7. Kimchi Sauerkraut′s Korean cousin, this fermented cabbage is spicy. Look for it in the refrigerated section near other Asian ingredients or pickles and sauerkraut.
Do you want to be paid for sleeping well at night?
Working It Out: The future of work and digital
5 Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
Pasta eaters may have better diet quality: study
15 Kitchen Herbs and Spices with Powerful Health Benefits
Man has lived with giant neck for 13 years after going to doctors for help
Does ginger gene offer key to younger looking skin?
Research reveals surprising health benefits of chewing your food
★4 Superfoods for a Healthy Looking Skin
★Tips to Even your Skin Tone Naturally
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★Face Open Pores
★Breakthrough drug restores more than 90% of lost hair in most patients
★This One Exercise Helps You Become a Better Runner
★WHO says strawberries may not be so safe for you
★Correlation Between Almonds and Weight Gain
★5 superfoods to combat hair loss
★7 Must-Eat Fermented Foods for a Healthy Gut
★How to Lose Weight Fast: 3 Simple Steps, Based on Science
★5 Tips to Take Care of Your Sensitive Skin
★10 Signs You are Obsessing About Your Weight
★Top Foods for Calcium and Vitamin D
★The amazing and healthy benefits of meditation!
★Work stress may lead to irregular heart rate
★5 Ways to Dry Herbs
★A Beginners Guide to Sun Salutations
★Do you want to be paid for sleeping well at night?
★Grean tea could help get rid of acne
★Aerobic training can help reverse ageing
★The Simple 20-Minute Habit That Could Save Your Life
★15 Best Heart-Healthy Foods
★Education can boost men?s chances of online dating
★Study finds dramatic weight loss can be achieved WITHOUT counting calories
★Brain health food guide for older adults
★Dairy and vitamin D supplements protect against bone loss
★6 Foods You Can Incorporate In Your Fat Burner Diet For Best Results
★Top 10 Fruits To Eat To Lose Weight Quickly
★Smoking and sight loss warning
★The health benefits of popular foods
★Guinness World Record for bearded woman Harnaam Kaur
★Why You Need to Start Combining Avocados and Peaches
★Top Natural Body Care Tips for Women
★This is how many calories your tea and coffee habit is adding to your diet EVERY DAY
★Legumes, nuts and kale can help you get big muscles
★Cancer risk of breast implants 10 times higher than first feared
★Plum goodness for your hair!
★Using Kalonji Seeds for Weight Loss
★Combat the Cold with Fresh Oregano Tea
★Cancer warning over skin bleaching treatment
★Working It Out: The future of work and digital
★The Beauty Benefits of Exercise
★Numerous health benefits of bitter melon (uses , side effects)
★How to Gain Weight in 7 Days to Get Rid of the Skinny You
★How to prevent peanut allergies in children?
★The Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
★Daylight Savings Time: That miserable time of year when many mourn loss of one-hour sleep
★Surgery addict rushed to hospital after his body REJECTED his new nose
★How To Achieve The Perfect Nail Shape