While no one food is a magic bullet for weight loss, there are certain foods that can help you achieve your weight-loss goals. Most of the foods included as part of a weight-loss diet have a few things in common: they′re high in fiber (which helps keep you feeling fuller longer) and have a low energy density?meaning that you can eat a decent-sized portion without overdoing it on calories. Include the following weight-loss foods as part of a healthy overall diet, and you may find it′s easier to achieve your weight-loss goals.
1. Avocados Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber, potassium and phytochemicals. People who eat avocados tend to have lower BMI, body weight and waist circumference than people who skip this green superfood, per a study in Nutrition Journal. While avocados are higher in calories than other fruits and vegetables, their satisfying fat and fiber combo may help you slim down. Add some to your salad, sandwich or taco night for a burst of creaminess and flavor.
2. Eggs Eggs are rich in high-quality protein, fats and essential nutrients, like vitamin D and choline. It′s the protein, and the time of day we tend to eat them, that especially makes them a powerhouse for weight loss. Eating a high-protein breakfast promotes weight loss, because protein increases satiety while regulating hunger and appetite hormones, helping fend off your hunger until lunchtime. One study found that eating eggs for breakfast left people feeling more satisfied than those who had bagels?which helped them eat less throughout the day.
3. Beans All beans are high in fiber, which is your friend when you′re trying to lose weight because it helps you feel fuller longer, thus controlling hunger. Eating beans and legumes has also been linked with various other health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, reducing LDL cholesterol and reducing risk of cardiovascular disease. Beans are fairly low in calories and deliver protein as well. Try them in homemade veggie burgers, soups and salads.
4. Yogurt Yogurt is protein-packed and full of probiotics, which are good for gut health and may help your weight-loss efforts. Your gut health can impact your weight, and eating more fiber and probiotics helps keep your gut bacteria happy, which can be good for your metabolism (read more about your gut-weight connection). Go Greek for more protein; plus, research from Appetite found that consumption of Greek yogurt was associated with reduced appetite and increased satiety. Just keep an eye on added sugars in flavored yogurts, which only add calories. Instead, use fresh fruit to sweeten plain yogurt.
5. Salmon Salmon is a rich source of high-quality protein and provides plenty of "good" fats: omega-3 fatty acids. A diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids helped people feel more satisfied when they were watching their calories, per a study in Appetite. Eating salmon can be a delicious and versatile way to get your recommended two weekly servings of heart-healthy fish.
6. Fruit Fruit gets a bad rap sometimes because it naturally contains sugar. But eating fruit can help you lose weight, especially when you swap in fresh fruit for processed foods or other unhealthy snacks. You′ll get a naturally sweet treat, plus reap the benefits of fiber and antioxidants. A recent study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that higher fruit consumption was associated with lower risk of becoming overweight or obese, independent of vegetable or fiber intake′though including fruit as part of a healthy diet overall is always the best strategy.
7. Popcorn As long as this popular crunchy treat isn′t doused in movie-theater butter, it makes an excellent weight-loss snack. Not only is popcorn high in fiber, it even delivers some protein. A 1-ounce serving of air-popped corn (about 3? cups) has 4 grams of fiber, almost 4 grams of protein and clocks in at 110 calories. This combination makes it a snack with staying power. Popcorn is filled with air, so you get a pretty large portion without a lot of calories. You can eat 3 whole cups of popcorn for only 100 calories.
8. Almonds Almonds are an excellent source of fiber, and they′re high in protein. Eating foods with the one-two punch of fiber and protein can help you feel fuller longer?which makes it less tempting to reach for an unhealthy snack between meals. Rich in vitamin E and a good source of heart-healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats, almonds are a great choice to sprinkle over a salad or side dish. You can also use them in pesto in place of walnuts or pine nuts, top your morning granola with them, or simply keep a small bag in your purse as an emergency snack.
Whole-body vibration may be as effective as regular exercise
Combat the Cold with Fresh Oregano Tea
Natural Herbal Gummies
Top 10 Unknown Beauty Tips and Tricks
Best foods for healthy skin
Natural and healthy effects of Aloe Vera!
Top Foods for Calcium and Vitamin D
Losing Weight in Hot Weather Made Easy
★Study reveals alarming dangers of anti-ageing jabs
★8 Practical Tips to Lose Weight Without Dieting
★9 Food Habits To Keep Eating To Lose Weight
★How to Lose Weight Fast: 3 Simple Steps, Based on Science
★How mood and eating behaviour are connected
★Best and Worst Drinks for Weight Loss
★Healthiest Foods For Women
★Take care of your coloured hair with Wella
★3 Must Try Face Yoga Exercises For Glowing Face
★Numerous health benefits of bitter melon (uses , side effects)
★How you should wash your face?
★Eating Carbs and Fats Before a Workout? Read This
★Fruitylicious cure for ageing skin
★Vitamin reverses aging in organs and muscles
★Aerobic training can help reverse ageing
★Legumes, nuts and kale can help you get big muscles
★Weight-lifting and protein shakes rich in growth hormones may make you bald
★10 Signs You are Obsessing About Your Weight
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★Top 10 Diet and Fitness Tips for Men
★Sari saga from Bengal
★How to Do Face Cleansing at Home?
★Face Scrubs and Face Packs
★Losing Weight in Hot Weather Made Easy
★Stop Lusting For a Radiant Skin Possess it with the Help of Super Foods
★How to Make Elderberry Syrup
★Natural and healthy effects of Aloe Vera!
★Why You Probably Shouldnt Take Diet Advice from Your CrossFit Coach
★Top 10 Homemade Fruit Packs for Glowing Skin
★Ideal exercises to keep your heart healthy
★Just ten minutes of play a day can help children reduce their risk of developing heart disease and diabetes later in life
★Humans evolved to benefit from fermented foods
★5 Dairy-Free Cheese Options Worth Trying
★The best effective and natural plants for a good memory
★10 Natural beauty tips for face you must try
★Medication Management Tips
★The health benefits of popular foods
★10 questions about laser hair removal
★How to exercise outdoors, when the smogs a killer
★Man has lived with giant neck for 13 years after going to doctors for help
★Wash Your Face with Oil
★The Benefits of Yoga Beyond Flexibility
★Making handloom accessible
★Whole-body vibration may be as effective as regular exercise
★How To Achieve The Perfect Nail Shape
★Women found to appear up to 20 years younger if they stay out of the sun
★Heres why you should go sulphate-free with your hair care
★12 Real Amazing Benefits Of Skipping For Weight Loss
★How to prevent peanut allergies in children?
★5 surprising beauty benefits of amla