While no one food is a magic bullet for weight loss, there are certain foods that can help you achieve your weight-loss goals. Most of the foods included as part of a weight-loss diet have a few things in common: they′re high in fiber (which helps keep you feeling fuller longer) and have a low energy density?meaning that you can eat a decent-sized portion without overdoing it on calories. Include the following weight-loss foods as part of a healthy overall diet, and you may find it′s easier to achieve your weight-loss goals.
1. Avocados Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber, potassium and phytochemicals. People who eat avocados tend to have lower BMI, body weight and waist circumference than people who skip this green superfood, per a study in Nutrition Journal. While avocados are higher in calories than other fruits and vegetables, their satisfying fat and fiber combo may help you slim down. Add some to your salad, sandwich or taco night for a burst of creaminess and flavor.
2. Eggs Eggs are rich in high-quality protein, fats and essential nutrients, like vitamin D and choline. It′s the protein, and the time of day we tend to eat them, that especially makes them a powerhouse for weight loss. Eating a high-protein breakfast promotes weight loss, because protein increases satiety while regulating hunger and appetite hormones, helping fend off your hunger until lunchtime. One study found that eating eggs for breakfast left people feeling more satisfied than those who had bagels?which helped them eat less throughout the day.
3. Beans All beans are high in fiber, which is your friend when you′re trying to lose weight because it helps you feel fuller longer, thus controlling hunger. Eating beans and legumes has also been linked with various other health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, reducing LDL cholesterol and reducing risk of cardiovascular disease. Beans are fairly low in calories and deliver protein as well. Try them in homemade veggie burgers, soups and salads.
4. Yogurt Yogurt is protein-packed and full of probiotics, which are good for gut health and may help your weight-loss efforts. Your gut health can impact your weight, and eating more fiber and probiotics helps keep your gut bacteria happy, which can be good for your metabolism (read more about your gut-weight connection). Go Greek for more protein; plus, research from Appetite found that consumption of Greek yogurt was associated with reduced appetite and increased satiety. Just keep an eye on added sugars in flavored yogurts, which only add calories. Instead, use fresh fruit to sweeten plain yogurt.
5. Salmon Salmon is a rich source of high-quality protein and provides plenty of "good" fats: omega-3 fatty acids. A diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids helped people feel more satisfied when they were watching their calories, per a study in Appetite. Eating salmon can be a delicious and versatile way to get your recommended two weekly servings of heart-healthy fish.
6. Fruit Fruit gets a bad rap sometimes because it naturally contains sugar. But eating fruit can help you lose weight, especially when you swap in fresh fruit for processed foods or other unhealthy snacks. You′ll get a naturally sweet treat, plus reap the benefits of fiber and antioxidants. A recent study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that higher fruit consumption was associated with lower risk of becoming overweight or obese, independent of vegetable or fiber intake′though including fruit as part of a healthy diet overall is always the best strategy.
7. Popcorn As long as this popular crunchy treat isn′t doused in movie-theater butter, it makes an excellent weight-loss snack. Not only is popcorn high in fiber, it even delivers some protein. A 1-ounce serving of air-popped corn (about 3? cups) has 4 grams of fiber, almost 4 grams of protein and clocks in at 110 calories. This combination makes it a snack with staying power. Popcorn is filled with air, so you get a pretty large portion without a lot of calories. You can eat 3 whole cups of popcorn for only 100 calories.
8. Almonds Almonds are an excellent source of fiber, and they′re high in protein. Eating foods with the one-two punch of fiber and protein can help you feel fuller longer?which makes it less tempting to reach for an unhealthy snack between meals. Rich in vitamin E and a good source of heart-healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats, almonds are a great choice to sprinkle over a salad or side dish. You can also use them in pesto in place of walnuts or pine nuts, top your morning granola with them, or simply keep a small bag in your purse as an emergency snack.
5 Common Mistakes that May Ruin Your Skin
Top Foods for Calcium and Vitamin D
Yoga Asanas To Prevent Hair Loss
Skin tone linked to fruit and vegetable consumption
Work stress may lead to irregular heart rate
The Benefits of Yoga Beyond Flexibility
5 surprising beauty benefits of amla
Do you want to be paid for sleeping well at night?
★10 Signs You are Obsessing About Your Weight
★Looking towards India for design
★Daylight Savings Time: That miserable time of year when many mourn loss of one-hour sleep
★11 Realistic Methods of Stress Management
★Outdoor Activities to Lose Weight
★12 Real Amazing Benefits Of Skipping For Weight Loss
★Ways to Use Honey for a Glowing Skin
★Expert reveals the snacks you should eat, according to your body type
★The Key to Healthy Aging
★Top Natural Body Care Tips for Women
★Why most people use emotional words to persuade others
★Cancer warning over skin bleaching treatment
★Eating cheese does not raise cholesterol, study finds
★Stop Lusting For a Radiant Skin Possess it with the Help of Super Foods
★Skinny jeans and big fluffy hoods contribute to back pain
★15 Kitchen Herbs and Spices with Powerful Health Benefits
★Wash Your Face with Oil
★Healthy food that tastes good too
★5 Skincare resolutions for 2019 that you must keep
★Heres why you should go sulphate-free with your hair care
★10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster)
★Haryana girl Nishtha Dudeja wins Miss Deaf Asia 2018 crown
★A Beginners Guide to Sun Salutations
★Natural and healthy effects of Aloe Vera!
★Take care of your coloured hair with Wella
★Vitamin reverses aging in organs and muscles
★Breakthrough drug restores more than 90% of lost hair in most patients
★5 DIY masks for your various hair concerns
★5 Dairy-Free Cheese Options Worth Trying
★Top Fitness Stars Share Their Most Common Workout Habits
★10 Healthy Twists on Classic Diner Dishes
★8 Fruits that Burn Fat: Include Them In Your Diet For Great Health Benefits
★Top 10 Homemade Fruit Packs for Glowing Skin
★Making handloom accessible
★This One Exercise Helps You Become a Better Runner
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★Cooking in aluminium pans may be dangerous for your health
★23 foods that contain NO calories
★Top 10 Diet and Fitness Tips for Men
★Is This the Best Diet for Post-Menopausal Women?
★10 questions about laser hair removal
★6 Fantastic Yoga Asanas That Will Help You Fight Skin Problems
★Breathe Right to Live a Healthier and Better Life
★Fruitylicious cure for ageing skin
★3 Must Try Face Yoga Exercises For Glowing Face
★Learn to Do Vinyasa Yoga for Weight Loss
★Fresh fruits and veggies arent always healthier than frozen, scientists say
★10 Benefits Of Climbing Stairs ? An Underdog In The World Of Fitness
★Is there a way to combat greying?
★How mood and eating behaviour are connected