Yoga asanas for weight loss is now a hot topic for the fitness freaks and why not? Among the so-called ?quick? weight loss measures like starvation diet, zero calorie diet, weight loss pills, machines and cosmetic surgeries, weight loss yoga exercises come out as a natural and safe way to not just shed weight but also to maintain a healthy body. But the question is if there are specific yoga asanas for weight loss.
The answer would be a big YES. As studies on yoga asanas have been developing more, we have come to know that there are certain yoga poses that aims at weight loss that too from particular areas. I have compiled here 9 weight loss yoga asanas that you can try at the comfort of your own home.
Recommended Weight Loss Yoga Asanas
There are different weight loss yoga exercises that can not only help in cutting down fats but also in keeping the body healthy and calm. Yoga exercises are the ways of living that act as a mediator in achieving spiritual peace.
1. Sun salutation Start your yoga session with a Surya Namaskar or sun salutation. It will not only warm you up but will also help you stretch and tone up your abdominal organs. This yoga exercise is simple and is the perfect yoga for beginners. This strengthens the skeletal system and is an important yoga pose for weight loss because it prevents building up of fats. There are 12 surya namaskar yoga poses like pranamasana, Hasta Uttanasana, Dandasana.
2. Half-moon Pose This is one of the popular weight loss yoga asanas that also helps in keeping the fatty love handles away. Moreover, this pose helps in strengthening the abdominal region as well as the ankles, thighs, buttocks and spine. This yoga exercise is also found to improve body coordination and digestion process.
3. Boat Pose This is another power yoga for weight loss that helps in toning of the abs too. As shown in the picture, you need to sit on the mat and stretch your legs to 45 degrees in the shape of a boat. This yoga pose is known to be effective in cutting down belly fat and also strengthening lower and upper body.
4. Locust Pose This weight loss yoga asana helps in stretching the entire body. Besides targeting stretches in the abdomen, buttocks, upper and lower back, it also helps in reducing fats from the hip region.
5. Upward dog Pose This is easy and yet effective yoga pose for weight loss. It provides strength to the whole body. This yoga asana also helps in aligning the spine. So it is great for people who are sitting 8-9 hours at work.
6. Bow Pose It helps in strengthening the abdominal core. Besides that, it also helps in weight loss as well as helps in improving digestion.
7. Shoulder stand PoseIn this pose, you have to balance the whole body on your shoulders. It is one important yoga asana for maintaining the thyroid gland. It also strengthens the arms and shoulders. This yoga asana also helps in maintaining physical and mental health. This is also a highly recommended for weight loss yoga asana.
8. Triangle Pose Besides being a weight loss yoga asana, this pose helps in improving health and stamina. It is also known to cut down fats from the stomach, hips, thigh and waist areas.
9. Plough Pose This yoga pose tones the muscles of your body. It engages all the major muscles in your body and hence helps in getting rid of fats from the body. This asana is good to stretch your muscles of the thighs and arms.
8 Recommended Weight Loss Yoga Exercise Tips
Losing Weight in Hot Weather Made Easy
6 Best Oils for a Naturally Clear and Glowing Skin
6 Best Oils for a Naturally Clear and Glowing Skin
Learn How To Do Pearl Facial At Home To Get Naturally Glowing Skin Instantly
What dangers are hidden in your pillow?
5 Ways to Dry Herbs
5 Tips to Take Care of Your Sensitive Skin
The Diabetes Diet
★Making handloom accessible
★8 Time-Saving Meal Prep Ideas Nutritionists Actually Use
★Guinness World Record for bearded woman Harnaam Kaur
★10 Benefits Of Climbing Stairs ? An Underdog In The World Of Fitness
★Haryana girl Nishtha Dudeja wins Miss Deaf Asia 2018 crown
★Flex Your Memory Muscle
★Fresh fruits and veggies arent always healthier than frozen, scientists say
★Take care of your coloured hair with Wella
★Losing Weight in Hot Weather Made Easy
★Fruitylicious cure for ageing skin
★10 Ways To Use Sesame Oil For Beautiful Skin
★Natural and healthy effects of Aloe Vera!
★Expert reveals the snacks you should eat, according to your body type
★Study reveals alarming dangers of anti-ageing jabs
★5 foods for healthy skin
★What dangers are hidden in your pillow?
★Stop Lusting For a Radiant Skin Possess it with the Help of Super Foods
★Soda, pizza and salty food up liver disease in kids: Study
★11 Realistic Methods of Stress Management
★6 Fantastic Yoga Asanas That Will Help You Fight Skin Problems
★10 Signs You are Obsessing About Your Weight
★Legumes, nuts and kale can help you get big muscles
★Skin tone linked to fruit and vegetable consumption
★6 Foods You Can Incorporate In Your Fat Burner Diet For Best Results
★Can Eating Bananas Help You Lose Weight?
★Smoking and sight loss warning
★Daily consumption of tea protects the elderly from cognitive decline
★Outdoor Activities to Lose Weight
★Recycling temple waste along the Ganges with Help Us Green
★The Brilliant Food Combo That Helps You Burn More Fat
★Why You Need to Start Combining Avocados and Peaches
★9 Super Simple Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
★Is there a way to combat greying?
★Five foods that can cause problems if consumed on an empty stomach!
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★Know why milk should be a part of your beauty regimen
★Wash Your Face with Oil
★15 Best Heart-Healthy Foods
★Women found to appear up to 20 years younger if they stay out of the sun
★Dairy and vitamin D supplements protect against bone loss
★Acne sufferers likely to live longer than people with flawless skin
★Face Scrubs and Face Packs
★Yoga Heals More than Just Your Body
★Cancer warning over skin bleaching treatment
★The health benefits of popular foods
★10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster)
★Everyday Medications You Should Never Take When You Exercise
★Heres why you should go sulphate-free with your hair care
★The Simple 20-Minute Habit That Could Save Your Life
★Natural Ways to Remove Blackheads on Face and Nose