Yoga asanas for weight loss is now a hot topic for the fitness freaks and why not? Among the so-called ?quick? weight loss measures like starvation diet, zero calorie diet, weight loss pills, machines and cosmetic surgeries, weight loss yoga exercises come out as a natural and safe way to not just shed weight but also to maintain a healthy body. But the question is if there are specific yoga asanas for weight loss.
The answer would be a big YES. As studies on yoga asanas have been developing more, we have come to know that there are certain yoga poses that aims at weight loss that too from particular areas. I have compiled here 9 weight loss yoga asanas that you can try at the comfort of your own home.
Recommended Weight Loss Yoga Asanas
There are different weight loss yoga exercises that can not only help in cutting down fats but also in keeping the body healthy and calm. Yoga exercises are the ways of living that act as a mediator in achieving spiritual peace.
1. Sun salutation Start your yoga session with a Surya Namaskar or sun salutation. It will not only warm you up but will also help you stretch and tone up your abdominal organs. This yoga exercise is simple and is the perfect yoga for beginners. This strengthens the skeletal system and is an important yoga pose for weight loss because it prevents building up of fats. There are 12 surya namaskar yoga poses like pranamasana, Hasta Uttanasana, Dandasana.
2. Half-moon Pose This is one of the popular weight loss yoga asanas that also helps in keeping the fatty love handles away. Moreover, this pose helps in strengthening the abdominal region as well as the ankles, thighs, buttocks and spine. This yoga exercise is also found to improve body coordination and digestion process.
3. Boat Pose This is another power yoga for weight loss that helps in toning of the abs too. As shown in the picture, you need to sit on the mat and stretch your legs to 45 degrees in the shape of a boat. This yoga pose is known to be effective in cutting down belly fat and also strengthening lower and upper body.
4. Locust Pose This weight loss yoga asana helps in stretching the entire body. Besides targeting stretches in the abdomen, buttocks, upper and lower back, it also helps in reducing fats from the hip region.
5. Upward dog Pose This is easy and yet effective yoga pose for weight loss. It provides strength to the whole body. This yoga asana also helps in aligning the spine. So it is great for people who are sitting 8-9 hours at work.
6. Bow Pose It helps in strengthening the abdominal core. Besides that, it also helps in weight loss as well as helps in improving digestion.
7. Shoulder stand PoseIn this pose, you have to balance the whole body on your shoulders. It is one important yoga asana for maintaining the thyroid gland. It also strengthens the arms and shoulders. This yoga asana also helps in maintaining physical and mental health. This is also a highly recommended for weight loss yoga asana.
8. Triangle Pose Besides being a weight loss yoga asana, this pose helps in improving health and stamina. It is also known to cut down fats from the stomach, hips, thigh and waist areas.
9. Plough Pose This yoga pose tones the muscles of your body. It engages all the major muscles in your body and hence helps in getting rid of fats from the body. This asana is good to stretch your muscles of the thighs and arms.
8 Recommended Weight Loss Yoga Exercise Tips
Working It Out: The future of work and digital
Natural Ways to Remove Blackheads on Face and Nose
Dairy and vitamin D supplements protect against bone loss
Heres why you should go sulphate-free with your hair care
Stop Lusting For a Radiant Skin Possess it with the Help of Super Foods
How to Gain Weight in 7 Days to Get Rid of the Skinny You
The Diabetes Diet
8 Practical Tips to Lose Weight Without Dieting
★Study reveals alarming dangers of anti-ageing jabs
★7 Must-Eat Fermented Foods for a Healthy Gut
★Hard work, no pay linked to mental health issues in comedians
★Recycling temple waste along the Ganges with Help Us Green
★5 superfoods to combat hair loss
★5 Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
★Top 5 foods for glowing skin
★Learn to Do Vinyasa Yoga for Weight Loss
★6 Best Oils for a Naturally Clear and Glowing Skin
★Carbohydrates and sugars
★The best effective and natural plants for a good memory
★Scientists found effective dandruff treatment
★4 Foolproof Tips to Make Healthy Veggie Chips at Home
★Natural Ways to Remove Blackheads on Face and Nose
★Soda, pizza and salty food up liver disease in kids: Study
★The Diabetes Diet
★Is there a way to combat greying?
★The tangy taste of Banaras
★10 Most Effective Weight Loss Exercises For Torching Fat
★5 Dairy-Free Cheese Options Worth Trying
★Manage oily skin in winters with these steps
★10 Healthy Twists on Classic Diner Dishes
★12 Real Amazing Benefits Of Skipping For Weight Loss
★10 Ways To Use Sesame Oil For Beautiful Skin
★A platter full of seafood
★Hair removal injuries rocketed NINE-FOLD since 1991
★Fasting might be good for your healh, research says
★Medication Management Tips
★The Brilliant Food Combo That Helps You Burn More Fat
★Fresh fruits and veggies arent always healthier than frozen, scientists say
★Education can boost men?s chances of online dating
★Wash Your Face with Oil
★Daily consumption of tea protects the elderly from cognitive decline
★Growing Propagating and Using Aloe Vera
★Red Heart Tea Recipe
★How mood and eating behaviour are connected
★Could laser hair removal give you CANCER?
★How you should wash your face?
★11 Realistic Methods of Stress Management
★The Key to Healthy Aging
★Top 3 Core Exercises While Pregnant
★5 Common Mistakes that May Ruin Your Skin
★5 foods for healthy skin
★Whole-body vibration may be as effective as regular exercise
★How to Gain Weight in 7 Days to Get Rid of the Skinny You
★The health benefits of popular foods
★The Simple 20-Minute Habit That Could Save Your Life
★Grean tea could help get rid of acne
★Exercise can help boost memory through bone hormone: Study