When it comes to hair care, we all have specific needs. Some of us use products that hydrate moisture-starved locks; there are some that use shampoos specifically formulated for colour treated hair; then there are still some who use a combination of shampoos, conditioners and hair masks, to hydrate, repair damage and even treat dandruff?hair-care routines are endless, and more importantly, ever-changing.
However, there′s one aspect that remains constant, no matter what your daily hair care regimen?the use of sulphate-free products. But before we get into the benefits of going sulphate-free with your hair-care routine, let′s first understand what sulphates are.
Sulphates, or SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate), SLES (sodium laureth sulphate), ALS (ammonium laureth sulphate) are low-cost, but potent surfactants or sudsing agents, that companies use as an inexpensive ingredient in their shampoos and conditioners. They contain salts and chemicals which tend to dry out your hair cuticles and follicles, while also causing severe damage to your scalp. Apart from drying and damaging your hair, sulphates tend to shorten the lifespan of chemical procedures like colour, perming, straightening or any other treatment. Moreover, studies have shown that products which contain sulphates can destroy the natural fats in your body that help moisturise your skin as they travel down, even when you do something as simple as rinse out the shampoo from your hair.
1. Sulphates strip away the natural oils: If you′s ve given yourself a hot oil head massage, using a shampoo which contains sulphates is a great way to thoroughly cleanse the hair. However, if used every day, they can prove to be too harsh, especially if you have dry hair. When the scalp is too dry, your body will work overtime to compensate from the dry scalp, and produce more oil, leading to limp and greasy tresses.
2. Sulphates reduce the lifespan of chemically-processed hair: Whether you′s ve had an expensive colour treatment, straightened your hair or opted for the cysteine treatment to relax frizzy hair, using a shampoo with sulphates will shorten the lifespan, eventually making it a waste of your time and hard-earned money. Moreover, chemically-treated hair needs extra care, and going sulphate-free can help lock in moisture, leaving you with hair that′s soft, silky, and manageable.
3. Sulphate-free products are great for sensitive scalps: The harsh nature of shampoos and conditioners with sulphates, cause irritation and itchiness to those with sensitivity issues. This calls for extra care, as going sulphate-free can reduce itching, flaking scalp and redness. Your hair and scalp will thank you for it.
4. Sulphate-free products tame the frizz: If you′s re in the habit of using shampoos and conditioners with sulphates, you′s re exposing your already-stressed hair to further damage. In addition to drying out your hair, products that contain sulphates make your hair prone to frizziness, and lending your tresses that untamed, unruly and unkempt look.
5. Sulphate-free products prevent split ends and breakage: If you have fine hair, or it′s brittle and prone to breakage, it′s wise to switch to a sulphate-free formula for your hair care products. If that′s not all, split ends add to the dull, frizzy head of hair, making your hair look more damage than it may actually be. Using a formula that′s free of sulphates and parabens can be gently on your hair and scalp, and go a long way in repairing damage.
10 Surprising Things That Can Cause You to Lose Muscle
5 Tips to Take Care of Your Sensitive Skin
5 Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Asanas To Increase Height
Smoking and sight loss warning
8 Time-Saving Meal Prep Ideas Nutritionists Actually Use
Natural Herbal Gummies
The Diabetes Diet
Cancer warning over skin bleaching treatment
★How to Set Weight-Loss Goals You Can Actually Achieve
★5 Common Mistakes that May Ruin Your Skin
★Best foods for healthy skin
★Does ginger gene offer key to younger looking skin?
★5 surprising beauty benefits of amla
★5 most surprising cosmetic surgery trends across the globe
★Study reveals alarming dangers of anti-ageing jabs
★Face Scrubs and Face Packs
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★6 Best Oils for a Naturally Clear and Glowing Skin
★Five-second rule for food dropped on the floor approved by germ scientists
★How To Achieve The Perfect Nail Shape
★Working It Out: The future of work and digital
★5 Skincare resolutions for 2019 that you must keep
★Cancer warning over skin bleaching treatment
★10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster)
★9 Simple Yoga Asanas & Tips for Weight Loss
★This One Exercise Helps You Become a Better Runner
★Top Fitness Stars Share Their Most Common Workout Habits
★6 Fantastic Yoga Asanas That Will Help You Fight Skin Problems
★Fasting might be good for your healh, research says
★How to Gain Weight in 7 Days to Get Rid of the Skinny You
★Fresh fruits and veggies arent always healthier than frozen, scientists say
★Growing Propagating and Using Aloe Vera
★Breathe Right to Live a Healthier and Better Life
★Tips to Even your Skin Tone Naturally
★Best and Worst Drinks for Weight Loss
★Popular weight loss strategies
★The best skin care quickies men with oily skin can get
★Combat the Cold with Fresh Oregano Tea
★How mood and eating behaviour are connected
★Take care of your coloured hair with Wella
★Just ten minutes of play a day can help children reduce their risk of developing heart disease and diabetes later in life
★10 Natural beauty tips for face you must try
★4 Superfoods for a Healthy Looking Skin
★Top 3 Core Exercises While Pregnant
★How to prevent peanut allergies in children?
★10 questions about laser hair removal
★Everyday Medications You Should Never Take When You Exercise
★Surgery addict rushed to hospital after his body REJECTED his new nose
★Why and how exercises reduce the risk of CANCER?
★Exercise can help boost memory through bone hormone: Study
★Hard work, no pay linked to mental health issues in comedians
★Stop Lusting For a Radiant Skin Possess it with the Help of Super Foods
★Dairy and vitamin D supplements protect against bone loss
★Yoga Heals More than Just Your Body
★Top Natural Body Care Tips for Women
★Top 5 foods for glowing skin
★This is how many calories your tea and coffee habit is adding to your diet EVERY DAY