According to a National Institutes of Health study, 40% of Americans aged 65 and older take five or more prescription medications. This same study found that 55% of seniors take their medications incorrectly.* How can you or your caregiver assure that you are taking your medications safely? Follow these 10 tips on effectively managing your medicine.
1. Keep a list of all the current medications you or your loved one is taking. Make sure to include the name of the medication, frequency, dose prescribed, how it′s taken, purpose and the duration you are required to take it.
2. Share your medication list at all doctor′s appointments, specialist visits and with your pharmacist.
3. Stay informed about the medication you are taking. Read the patient information sheets and instructions with your medicine to become aware of any adverse reactions that may occur with certain foods or drinks. Be mindful of confusing medications that have similar names or look alike.
4. Keep the number of pharmacies and doctors that you visit to a minimum.
5. Find a system for remembering the correct time and dose of your medication that works and stick to it.
6. Store your medications safely in accordance with the package inserts.
7. Discuss all medication changes with your primary doctor prior to adding or stopping any regimens.
8. Throw away all expired medication, even over-the-counter pills.
9.Never take medication that was prescribed to someone else. Even if your symptoms are similar.
10. Always order repeat prescriptions in advance to avoid missing doses.
10 questions about laser hair removal
Yoga Heals More than Just Your Body
Wash Your Face with Oil
5 Dairy-Free Cheese Options Worth Trying
How to Set Weight-Loss Goals You Can Actually Achieve
Top 10 Diet and Fitness Tips for Men
Know why milk should be a part of your beauty regimen
Ideal exercises to keep your heart healthy
★Just ten minutes of play a day can help children reduce their risk of developing heart disease and diabetes later in life
★Know why milk should be a part of your beauty regimen
★Breakthrough drug restores more than 90% of lost hair in most patients
★10 Benefits Of Climbing Stairs ? An Underdog In The World Of Fitness
★The Beauty Benefits of Exercise
★7 Filling Foods to Keep Belly Fat at Bay
★Weight-lifting and protein shakes rich in growth hormones may make you bald
★How you should wash your face?
★Daylight Savings Time: That miserable time of year when many mourn loss of one-hour sleep
★Eating Carbs and Fats Before a Workout? Read This
★Best foods for healthy skin
★Top Foods for Calcium and Vitamin D
★5 Dairy-Free Cheese Options Worth Trying
★Ideal exercises to keep your heart healthy
★Is This the Best Diet for Post-Menopausal Women?
★How your make-up bag could wreck your health
★Expert reveals the snacks you should eat, according to your body type
★What dangers are hidden in your pillow?
★Top 10 Homemade Fruit Packs for Glowing Skin
★5 DIY masks for your various hair concerns
★Can Eating Bananas Help You Lose Weight?
★5 Skincare resolutions for 2019 that you must keep
★5 foods for healthy skin
★6 Foods You Can Incorporate In Your Fat Burner Diet For Best Results
★Eating cheese does not raise cholesterol, study finds
★Cancer warning over skin bleaching treatment
★8 Best Foods to Eat for Weight Loss
★Work stress may lead to irregular heart rate
★Study reveals alarming dangers of anti-ageing jabs
★10 Healthy Twists on Classic Diner Dishes
★Brain health food guide for older adults
★The best effective and natural plants for a good memory
★Sari saga from Bengal
★Pasta eaters may have better diet quality: study
★Heres why you should go sulphate-free with your hair care
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★Outdoor Activities to Lose Weight
★Could laser hair removal give you CANCER?
★5 Common Mistakes that May Ruin Your Skin
★Making handloom accessible
★How to exercise outdoors, when the smogs a killer
★How To Achieve The Perfect Nail Shape
★A Beginners Guide to Sun Salutations
★Smoking and sight loss warning
★The amazing and healthy benefits of meditation!
★Face Scrubs and Face Packs
★23 foods that contain NO calories
★Growing Propagating and Using Aloe Vera
★3 Must Try Face Yoga Exercises For Glowing Face