According to a National Institutes of Health study, 40% of Americans aged 65 and older take five or more prescription medications. This same study found that 55% of seniors take their medications incorrectly.* How can you or your caregiver assure that you are taking your medications safely? Follow these 10 tips on effectively managing your medicine.
1. Keep a list of all the current medications you or your loved one is taking. Make sure to include the name of the medication, frequency, dose prescribed, how it′s taken, purpose and the duration you are required to take it.
2. Share your medication list at all doctor′s appointments, specialist visits and with your pharmacist.
3. Stay informed about the medication you are taking. Read the patient information sheets and instructions with your medicine to become aware of any adverse reactions that may occur with certain foods or drinks. Be mindful of confusing medications that have similar names or look alike.
4. Keep the number of pharmacies and doctors that you visit to a minimum.
5. Find a system for remembering the correct time and dose of your medication that works and stick to it.
6. Store your medications safely in accordance with the package inserts.
7. Discuss all medication changes with your primary doctor prior to adding or stopping any regimens.
8. Throw away all expired medication, even over-the-counter pills.
9.Never take medication that was prescribed to someone else. Even if your symptoms are similar.
10. Always order repeat prescriptions in advance to avoid missing doses.
Ideal exercises to keep your heart healthy
Top Fitness Stars Share Their Most Common Workout Habits
Can Eating Bananas Help You Lose Weight?
This is how many calories your tea and coffee habit is adding to your diet EVERY DAY
Brain health food guide for older adults
Learn to Do Vinyasa Yoga for Weight Loss
Plum goodness for your hair!
Those who consume fruit and vegetables have a 40% lower risk of an incurable lung disease
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★Work stress may lead to irregular heart rate
★Legumes, nuts and kale can help you get big muscles
★How to Do Face Cleansing at Home?
★5 DIY masks for your various hair concerns
★The Brilliant Food Combo That Helps You Burn More Fat
★Guinness World Record for bearded woman Harnaam Kaur
★Natural Herbal Gummies
★Women found to appear up to 20 years younger if they stay out of the sun
★Top 10 Homemade Fruit Packs for Glowing Skin
★A Beginners Guide to Sun Salutations
★15 Powerful Asanas of Yoga to Reduce Belly Fat
★Dairy and vitamin D supplements protect against bone loss
★How your make-up bag could wreck your health
★Medication Management Tips
★Grean tea could help get rid of acne
★7 Healthy Hacks for Your Pumpkin Spice Latte
★Why most people use emotional words to persuade others
★Skin tone linked to fruit and vegetable consumption
★5 surprising beauty benefits of amla
★10 Surprising Things That Can Cause You to Lose Muscle
★9 Super Simple Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
★5 Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
★Losing Weight in Hot Weather Made Easy
★Top 5 foods for glowing skin
★Natural and healthy effects of Aloe Vera!
★Yoga Poses for People with Less Flexible Body
★Can high heels give you cancer?
★15 Kitchen Herbs and Spices with Powerful Health Benefits
★Wash Your Face with Oil
★Man has lived with giant neck for 13 years after going to doctors for help
★Plum goodness for your hair!
★15 Best Heart-Healthy Foods
★Surgery addict rushed to hospital after his body REJECTED his new nose
★Exercise can help boost memory through bone hormone: Study
★Is there a way to combat greying?
★10 Natural beauty tips for face you must try
★Those who consume fruit and vegetables have a 40% lower risk of an incurable lung disease
★Soda, pizza and salty food up liver disease in kids: Study
★Cooking in aluminium pans may be dangerous for your health
★Stop Lusting For a Radiant Skin Possess it with the Help of Super Foods
★5 Dairy-Free Cheese Options Worth Trying
★9 Food Habits To Keep Eating To Lose Weight
★10 Healthy Twists on Classic Diner Dishes
★5 Ways to Dry Herbs
★Looking towards India for design
★9 Simple Yoga Asanas & Tips for Weight Loss
★Top Natural Body Care Tips for Women
★The Beauty Benefits of Exercise
★Heres why you should go sulphate-free with your hair care