Mix up your morning meal and try one?or a few?of these 5 healthy breakfast foods that help you lose weight.
5 healthy breakfast foods to help you lose weight.
Eating a morning meal is a healthy habit if you′re watching your weight. Research shows that regular breakfast eaters tend to be leaner and dieters are more successful at losing weight?and keeping it off?when they eat breakfast. What′s more, people who do typically get more of some important nutrients, like fiber and vitamins.
1. Raspberries A cup of raspberries delivers a whopping 8 grams of fiber (that′s more than double what′s in a cup of strawberries and about the same amount in a cup of some types of beans). What′s so great about all that fiber? Recent research in the Journal of Nutrition suggests eating more fiber as a way to prevent weight gain or even encourage weight loss. Over the course of the two-year study, the researchers found that boosting fiber by 8 grams for every 1,000 calories resulted in about 4 ? pounds of weight lost.
2. Oatmeal Oatmeal can help you lose weight in two ways. First, it′s packed with fiber and it keeps you feeling fuller longer. Second, a recent study in the reported that eating a breakfast made with "slow-release" carbohydrates′such as oatmeal or bran cereal?3 hours before you exercise may help you burn more fat. How? Eating "slow-release" carbohydrates doesn′t spike blood sugar as high as eating refined carbohydrates (think: white toast). In turn, insulin levels don′t spike as high. Because insulin plays a role in signaling your body to store fat, having lower blood sugar levels may help you burn fat.
3. Yogurt A recent report, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, and out of Harvard revealed which foods are correlated with weight change, including the top 5 foods that promote weight loss. Yogurt was one of them! Another reason to eat yogurt: the protein in it may give you an extra edge if you′re looking to get leaner. When researchers fed two groups of mice a high-fat diet for 11 weeks, the mice that got water spiked with whey protein (a type of protein found naturally in yogurt and other dairy) packed on 42 percent less weight and nearly a third less body fat than the mice who just drank plain water, despite the fact that they ate roughly the same number of calories. The whey eaters also gained 7 percent more lean body mass (e.g., muscle mass). Save calories?and unnecessary sugar?by choosing plain yogurt. If you need a little extra sweetness, try fresh fruit (maybe raspberries?).
4. Peanut Butter Nuts were also among the top 5 foods that Harvard researchers said promote weight loss. I love to slather a tablespoon or two of peanut butter onto whole-wheat toast (ahem, a "slow-release" carbohydrate), but you could also add nuts to your oatmeal (another "slow-release" carb).
5. Eggs Eggs deliver protein, which is great for dieters. Compared to carbohydrates and fat, protein keeps you satisfied longer. Plus, in one study, dieters who ate eggs for breakfast felt fuller longer and lost more than twice as much weight as those who got the same amount of calories from a bagel for breakfast.
Correlation Between Almonds and Weight Gain
Yoga Heals More than Just Your Body
Carbohydrates and sugars
Sari saga from Bengal
Tips to Even your Skin Tone Naturally
8 Fruits that Burn Fat: Include Them In Your Diet For Great Health Benefits
Learn How To Do Pearl Facial At Home To Get Naturally Glowing Skin Instantly
Best foods for healthy skin
★How to Lose Weight Fast: 3 Simple Steps, Based on Science
★Exercise can help boost memory through bone hormone: Study
★Flex Your Memory Muscle
★23 foods that contain NO calories
★11 Realistic Methods of Stress Management
★The Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
★Ways to Use Honey for a Glowing Skin
★Natural Ways to Remove Blackheads on Face and Nose
★5 Reasons Cheese is Actually Good For Your Health
★6 Best Oils for a Naturally Clear and Glowing Skin
★The amazing and healthy benefits of meditation!
★Learn How To Do Pearl Facial At Home To Get Naturally Glowing Skin Instantly
★Smoking and sight loss warning
★Looking towards India for design
★This Yoga Flow Will Instantly Boost Your Mood
★Combat the Cold with Fresh Oregano Tea
★The Brilliant Food Combo That Helps You Burn More Fat
★Study reveals alarming dangers of anti-ageing jabs
★Cancer warning over skin bleaching treatment
★Why You Need to Start Combining Avocados and Peaches
★How to Gain Weight in 7 Days to Get Rid of the Skinny You
★A Beginners Guide to Sun Salutations
★10 Signs You are Obsessing About Your Weight
★Guinness World Record for bearded woman Harnaam Kaur
★5 Hot Yoga Poses For Rapid Weight Loss
★Healthiest Foods For Women
★Can high heels give you cancer?
★9 Simple Yoga Asanas & Tips for Weight Loss
★4 Superfoods for a Healthy Looking Skin
★Correlation Between Almonds and Weight Gain
★12 Benefits of Hair Spa Treatment
★Eating cheese does not raise cholesterol, study finds
★9 Food Habits To Keep Eating To Lose Weight
★5 most surprising cosmetic surgery trends across the globe
★Hair removal injuries rocketed NINE-FOLD since 1991
★Vitamin reverses aging in organs and muscles
★Pasta eaters may have better diet quality: study
★Weight-lifting and protein shakes rich in growth hormones may make you bald
★10 Most Effective Weight Loss Exercises For Torching Fat
★Expert reveals the snacks you should eat, according to your body type
★Recycling temple waste along the Ganges with Help Us Green
★Hard work, no pay linked to mental health issues in comedians
★Top 10 Unknown Beauty Tips and Tricks
★Top Fitness Stars Share Their Most Common Workout Habits
★10 Healthy Twists on Classic Diner Dishes
★Top 10 Diet and Fitness Tips for Men
★A platter full of seafood
★Natural and healthy effects of Aloe Vera!
★Five-second rule for food dropped on the floor approved by germ scientists